Data Protection Act and the Freedom of Information Act

The difference between the two Acts is that if you wish to obtain information about yourself then the Data Protection Act 1998 will apply and you should make an Access Request. If the information that you are looking for is in relation to a public authority, the the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) 2000 will apply.

Occasionally we have to share your medical information with other NHS or Private (e.g. Bupa) health providers such as hospitals when we refer you for further care by a Consultant or other Health Professional. We do not disclose your medical information to other third parties such as insurance companies or solicitors without your written consent.

If you wish to make a freedom of information request, please email [email protected]